- Grass and shrub areas are to be expansive and integrated. (Isolated, small pockets of planting beds are discouraged).
- Shrub beds shall receive a layer of mulch/chips or rocks. Bare ground is not acceptable.
- All landscaping shall be maintained on a regular basis and shall include watering, weeding, mowing, fertilizing, treat, pruning, removal and/or replacement of dead or diseased trees and removal of refuse and debris so as to present a healthy, neat and well kept appearance at all times.
- Street-side maintenance (of the property between the sidewalk and the street i.e. swale area) is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Privacy hedges are permitted, provided that they are no more than 6 feet tall and area not forward of the front wall of the house.
- On comer lots, privacy hedges in the street-side, side-yard setback area (i.e., the portion of the yard to the side of the house and normally within 15 feet of the sidewalk) must be no more than 6 feet tall. Privacy hedges in the side-yard adjoining another homeowner’s property may be 6 feet tall.
- On lakefront lots, privacy hedges in the rear yard of the property (i.e., the portion of the property that is farther back than the rear wall of the house) must be no more than 4 feet tall, so that adjoining lakefront homeowners may continue to enjoy the lakefront view.
Common violations include dead fronds and seed pods in palms, untrimmed hedges and trees in the swale not trimmed to at least 15 feet off the ground.